Patients: Dental and Oral Health Information Site Map
This section provides information on dentistry and oral health issues either as frequently asked questions (FAQ) or short articles.
Maintaining Oral Health FAQ
- How do I tell if I have gum disease?
- What causes gum disease?
- How do I prevent gum disease?
- How can I tell I have brushed my teeth effectively?
- How is gum disease linked to cardiovascular disease?
- Are electrical tooth brushes better than manual tooth brushes?
- Isn't the fluoride in Singapore's water sufficient?
- Which mouth wash should I use?
- How often should I go for a preventive dental check-up?
- Why do x-rays need to be taken during dental check-ups?
Children's Oral Health FAQ
- How do I clean my babies teeth?
- When and how should I introduce the toothbrush?
- What is nursing bottle caries?
- When should a child start seeing the dentist?
- How do I prepare the child for the first dental visit?
- What can I do to prevent cavities?
- When should I introduce toothpaste?
- Will thumb sucking cause crooked front teeth?
- How do I stop thumb sucking?
- How often should my child's teeth be checked?
Restoring Teeth FAQ
Root Canal Treatment FAQ
Tooth Trauma FAQ
Describes what to do if a tooth is knocked out accidentally, and how to prevent traumatic tooth injuries using a mouth guard. Read more...